New to the Melbourne music scene, Ms.45 is the brainchild and alter ego of arcane pop chanteuse Ella Jackson. Having been described as everything from "Massive Attack meets Patti Smith" to "the goth Taylor Swift", Ms.45's set is genre-defying yet familiar, sometimes hypnotic and sometimes abrasive.
Despite only being around for a year or so, Ms.45 have very quickly become favourites on the Melbourne gig scene, playing countless shows and releasing two singles in 2018. ‘Salt Water’, their second single of 2018 was included in The Ripe’s ‘Best Singles of 2018’.
Ms.45 will release their debut EP ‘Neuromancer’, recorded by John Lee at Phaedra Studios (Totally Mild, Lost Animal) . The tracks on this EP are wide in breadth, including a tongue-in-cheek political rap number, a blissed out disco banger that will transport you to all-white, cocaine-laden, Bret Easton Ellis influenced dance parties on the beach, and disjointed ballads straight out of Twin Peaks.
Ms.45 will be playing each Thursday in Novemberin support of the EP release, along with a small run of Melbourne shows to close out the year – to be announced.
- Yarra Hotel, supporting Harry Howard & The NDE
- The Tote, with support from Activities of Daily Living, Rent Boy
- The Tote, with support from Synthetics, Infraghosts
- The Tote, with support from Electric Toothbrush, James Seedy
- The Tote, with support from Poppongene, Gun Ctrl
- The Tote, with support from Premium Fantasy, Dark Water